Location:Northern New England
Salary / Wage:
FPC Bangor is working with a leading producer of coated fine paper, looking for a Technologist for their R & D Center. The Technologist will support product development, manufacturing, marketing and competitive analysis in coated printing paper technology. The successful candidate will work on development of new technology and products that will allow the company to make more environmentally friendly, better performing and profitable products into the next decade.
· Designs, conducts and analyzes results from bench, pilot and manufacturing trials aimed at new product development, and new technology development related to product design improvement and cost reduction.
· Conducts specialized tests to support development efforts. May develop new methods.
· Stays up to date on current and future trends of coated printing paper technology. Assists in technology scoping work.
· Will occasionally work on projects related to mill troubleshooting and optimization.
· Participates on interdisciplinary project teams and will contribute to the development of technical approaches and lead sub-elements of an overall project plan.
· Minimum B.S. in Chemical Engineering, Paper Science or equivalent.
· 3-5 years experience in the Pulp and Paper Industry is preferred.
· Knowledge of coated paper construction and paper interaction with the printing process desired.
· Must be able to work independently or in a team environment, with a proven ability to complete assignments in a timely manner.
· Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Must be able to travel
Candidates interested for immediate consideration should send their current resume and salary requirements to Leisa Wallace.